Wednesday, May 7, 2008

8 a.m sprinklers, shots, and spills

Today was one of "those" days. I babysat a friend of Leah's last night and put them to bed at 8:30. Brian and I stayed up to watch our shows and when we went to bed at 11:30, I heard giggling coming from the girls' room. They were sitting on Leah's bed playing stuffed animals! They then woke up before 7 this morning and I needed to leave at 8 to take 4 kids to the doctor for physicals (including the friend). As I was getting dressed, I heard shrieking coming from the backyard. When I looked out the window, Leah, Lily and Zach were running through the sprinklers at 7:45 in the morning!

We got to the doctor and found out Leah needed 4 shots in order to start kindergarten. That was awesome. She desperately wanted to watch while she was screaming on my lap, so I had to put my hands up like blinders on a horse. Lily announced to the doctor's office "girls have pee pees and boys have wieners!!"

After dinner, Leah was still thirsty and wanted a big cup of milk. She promptly spilled it right into my lap.

I'm ready for bed. Can I start over tomorrow?

The best part of the day: Torrey cleaned the entire basement by herself and did an amazing job!! She gets to watch Harry Potter with Brian tonight...

3 comments:

Vivi said...

Indeed, that is one bad day. Let's see...a silver lining...at least no one barfed? Kudos to Torrey for doing damage control and cleaning the basement!

Hilary said...

The best way to recoup from a day like that might be to take a pregnancy test and have it come back positive for baby #5. I don't know....I think you're ready for another. : )

petiteblogger said...

Oh goodness, that's pretty harsh. You are so brave for taking all of them, including one that's not even yours, to the doc. I bring Mike along with me whenever I have more than 1... You get the award! Good job, Torrey! If you want to earn extra money, come over & work on ours!