Saturday, August 23, 2008

Torrey's Baptism!!


I finally got my hands on the pictures from Torrey's baptism on May 25, 2008. She had been asking to be baptized for several months and I kind of kept putting it off, thinking that surely she needed more time to truly understand what she was wanting to do. I had several discussions with her about what it means, why Jesus was baptized and why we follow him and do it ourselves.

I realized that God is the one who softens our hearts and brings us to the point of understanding Him, so if it takes you until you're a teenager, or if you're 4 when that happens, it's all His timing. Our church also does such a wonderful job preparing and equipping our kids with knowledge and an understanding of a relationship with Jesus.

At our church, you can have the pastor baptize you, or someone who has been a spiritual leader to you, so Torrey chose to have Brian do it. The baptisims are done after church has been dismissed, and then is shown on the big screens in the sanctuary because the baptismal is hidden from view thanks to the drum set : ) The applause you hear at the end of the video is a group of our friends who stayed to watch.


Congratulations Torrey!! What a day to remember!


ahh the plastic blue skort-dress. Keeps from ballooning up when you get in...also helpful for those spontaneous baptisms, when you didn't bring a bathing suit to church!


Don't know why the video is sideways, nor do I know how to flip it. Shut up. Brian's on a 5 day fishing trip.






6 comments:

lil' mama said...

Very sweet and how special that Brian was able to be a part of it.

Sally said...

What a special time, I wish I could have been there, but thank you for the pictures and video.

We love you T

Vivi said...

What a neat thing to do - great that Brian could be a part of it (plus, he looks real nice in a dress).

Congratulations Torrey and thanks for letting us see it too!

Kari said...

I had to tell you that Alexandra keeps asking to watch Torrey's baptism. : ) Congratulations to Torrey, what a special day in her life.

Amy said...

How awesome!! Great pics!!! Can't wait. I think Noah is ready and Leah is almost ready. We are reading Heaven for Kids by Randy Alcorn. I think it will be very impactful.

Aleesha said...

Hi! I am not sure if you remember me - I am friends w/Hil and I clicked on your blog because I was curious who "chaos mom" was. I watched this video of your daughter being baptised and I just started balling! It is so touching to see... especially with her father. My children's baptisms are the most meaningful and touching moments of my life. Thanks for sharing that...