I've been waiting for this day all summer.
We had some early anxiety-Torrey was so nervous she couldn't eat breakfast and Jake changed his clothes twice. Couldn't decide whether to wear shorts or pants. It's a uniform dude, either way they're khaki...
This is Torrey's first year and she was pretty much a wreck this morning. Changing schools as a fifth grader is tough. I wrote her a long note and put it in her lunchbox, reminding her that I'm praying for her all day, and that God's thoughts toward her outnumber the grains of sand.
Leah's first day of kindergarten made her giddy with excitement. She was completely silly at breakfast and was dressed and ready to go with 45 minutes to spare.
Brian took the kids to school and walked the girls to their classrooms. Jake had run into the school by this point and was surrounded by 8 guys who were all high-fiving each other in the hall. With tears in her eyes, Torrey slowly walked into her room. With a smile that couldn't be wiped off, Leah strolled confidently into kindergarten. Brian went to work and Zach and I ran to walmart.
At 10:45 I got the call.
My instant thought was that Torrey was having such a horrible day that she was in the school office crying and needing to call her mom.
Nope. Leah got stung by a bee. Just under her eye.
She was the one in the office, crying and needing to talk to mom...on her first day of school. Ever.
2 comments:
test
test
Post a Comment