Saturday, September 13, 2008

Claire's

Leah went with me to Claire's to look for a necklace for my cheerleader character for Rush Hour and when we got there, begged me to get her ears pierced. She has been talking about it for months, and even more since school started. Cuz Emma has hers done.


I told her we needed to pick out the earrings and she said "I know which ones I want!" They were dangle feathers...


I said, "I think we'll wait on those, and get some smaller ones for now."



She hopped up in the chair and got the marker drawn on. No problem. Then after earring #1 went in, she was done. I'm still waiting to hear from child protective services after the volume and amount of screaming she did.



The cool thing about Claire's is that they're located in a mall, and they put the piercing stool outside the front of the store so that everyone will walk by and say "oh see honey? How pretty! Look at that little girl-she's getting her ears pierced."


Instead, people walked by and said "oh my gosh-do you have your phone? I'm calling 911. Look at that mom making her daughter go through that! Now she'd telling her to be quiet or they'll go home with one earring!"


I did. I threatened Leah with leaving with one. She responded "but that's how boys wear them!" ..... backfire... "yeah, but do you want to look like a boy?"



I said "I'm going to count to 3 and you're going to squeeze this bear and do the other one. ONE! TWO! THREE!!" Finally.



As soon as she was done, she strutted over to the full-length mirror to check herself out. The whole way home in the car she kept saying "I'm so impressed I got my ears done!" "I'm so impressed I got my ears done!"



I had to be a part of it. If you never heard, Brian took Torrey to the mall on the way home from piano lessons one day a couple years ago. No pictures, no fanfare, no permission, nothing.





Getting the placement....








Ouch!






Why did you make me do that?!













2 comments:

petiteblogger said...

I am going to bookmark these pics so I can show them to Caitlyn when she wants hers done...

Sally said...

My mom forced me to get my ears pierced!!

That's what the story will be when Leah's 25.