Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Strep

Bummer of a week this week...Torrey was home Monday-fever, tummy cramp. Jake was home thurs-fri, same thing. Then Leah came down with a bad sore throat on Friday. By Saturday night, she was pretty sad and had white spots in her throat, but no fever or anything else.

At 11:00 that night, she was crying in bed so I went to check on her. When I found her, she looked like this:






We called the doctor who told us to try ice and Benedryl. Of course she's also still very upset about her sore throat. We checked for a bug bite, spider in her bed, infected gums or tooth, nothing. In the morning it was worse and Brian and I were 2/5 of the Rush Hour show today.


Pete and Lindy came and took her to the ER where doctors gave her painkillers, antibiotics, and a steroid for her lip. They wanted to give her an IV and catheter, but thankfully they tried popcicles and juice to hydrate her. There still was no fever, but her heart was racing about 50 bpm more than normal, so that's a sign of your body fighting something.


Strange...


We got about 4 hours of sleep and managed to do RH ok. We were supposed to go to lunch afterward with friends, but had to get home.


I got the books I wanted: RED, BLACK, WHITE trilogy by Ted Dekker and MARK OF THE LION series by Francine Rivers.

At 6:00 our door burst open and 6 really good friends came to kidnap me for the evening. They took me to Cheesecake Factory and then really wanted to take me to get my belly button pierced. I chickened out...we went back to one of their houses instead to play "Rock Band"-pretty funny! It's a Wii game where you follow blinking lights in order to play your guitar, bass, drums or lyrics in a mic. No ability required!! We laughed pretty hard.

Brian woke up this morning with pain and swelling in half his face-he looks like the right side of John McCain today.

Here we go again.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Yikes time to disinfect the house!! Post a picture of Brian.

petiteblogger said...

Kindof a bummer birthday with all the sickies in your house but I'm glad you at least felt ok! And I'm glad you got kidnapped and had a fun time, too. I've heard Rock Band is very fun!
I hope everyone feels better soon...

Vivi said...

That probably didn't go down as one of your best bdays ever - at least your friends whisked you away from the sickhouse for a while.

Love the pics of Leah getting her ears pierced. Is that bad that I think they're funny? I don't normally laugh at crying children.