Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas at the D's


Crocs and Hats




Pretty much sums it up.

Christmas Eve, L and K came up to open MN gifts. It was fun to see lots of princess things for Leah, Ironman stuff for Jake, ball-shooters for Zach and gift cards for Torrey. L and I went to church while Brian, K and kids watched Kung Fu Panda.



We made baked ziti for dinner and then packed up to go spend the night at Pete/Lindy's. I sent everyone else on ahead so I could pick up (hate coming home to a messy house, even if we're just gone one night). As I drove, I felt like Santa. All of our gifts, including the ones I bought for the kids on Lindy's behalf were in the van. I even had a recliner in the back as a surprise gift for our friend Greg. It was about 8:30, not many cars were on the road, Christmas lights were on all over town, stores were closed, and I thought "I'd better not get in a wreck or the kids won't have a single gift!!"


Grown-ups stayed up to play "Imaginiff", a fun game where you get to find out more about each other in a funny way. For example "if an alien ship landed outside, which one of you would be the first to board it?" My very first thought was Luke. Then I decided he might not b/c now he's a dad, so I picked Pete. Another question was "if we were all caught in a bank heist, which person would talk first?" The person who gets the most votes becomes the "correct" answer and if you voted with the crowd, you get a point.


Christmas morning we had french toast casserole and the kids begged us to hurry :) Finally, we opened the parlor doors and we started opening. The hightlight was the enormous stockings that each couple got. They were FULL of Crocs stuff-everything but the shoes. There were ballcaps, shirts, pants, shorts, socks, sunglasses, sweatshirts, jibitz (things you attach to your crocs). It was pretty funny.


Our friends Greg and June didn't go to Texas this year, so they came over at lunchtime, as well as Mike/Am and some church friends of theirs. We had prime rib, shrimp cocktail, spinach dip, potatoes, salad, green bean cass, cranberry marshmallow fluff, and desserts. Yum!!

The kids played well together with the new and old toys and adults chatted all afternoon. At least twice we threw everyone outside to run the 1/4 mile loop a few times.

We got home around 6:30 and B and I exchanged gifts. I gave him a couple of giftcards and a lamp that didn't work, a wallet that broke when he filled it and a shirt that was too small. Awesome...

I got a vacuum cleaner that makes my carpet look like it just got shampooed. Woo-hoo! I got the better end of that deal!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Silly me, didn't know Crocs made anything but crocs.

Your new vac sounds great

Vivi said...

Sounds like a fun time! And I like your blog's new look!