Monday, December 15, 2008

The Walker

I decided that if K can post pics of Lil Helmet, I can post pics of Huge Walker :) This is the walker I got for free on loan from the Elks Lodge-thanks Veterans!






Jake and dad in the kitchen




Dad keepin his sense of humor




Brian's new bedroom in the office...not that he minds staring at all of his autographs all day!


The triangle wedge is the only new purchase I made that helped him



Leah really wanted to do the "Vanna" arms



again-for the tray table




The meds :) Notice the 3 bottles with "drowsiness or dizziness may occur"!
I keep telling him not to use his walker under the influence...








Jake wanted to model the toilet adapter

Even funnier the second time, yes?


So, there's not much of an update to give. Still on meds, still moving really really slow. Still in tons of pain if he sits. We'll wait to see what the doctor says about starting any kind of PT after an appt next week. I explain that it's like living with someone who had a C-section this morning. He's on the same kind of pain meds, moves with the same kind of speed, needs help here and there with "issues", sleeps more than normal, had the spinal epidural in the hospital and the bandaid on his back to prove it, etc.




This last pic was taken right before it all happened. Me and June, Kohl's, midnight. Had to be there. Lots of bags and wrinkles from crying with hysterical laughter




4 comments:

Vivi said...

Thanks for the update. That's a sweet ride you got there, Bri. It actually looks like a nice set-up, all things considered. As a c-section survivor, I can attest to the pain and "issues" that linger for a few weeks...hopefully, he'll start to have some relief sooner rather than later.

Oh, and the Kohl's hats. You were obsessed with those here too...I know you want one. Just go buy yourself a new Davy Crockett hat!

Heather said...

I HAD to show June that same bucket hat-we were totally giddy before we even got to it...

Sally said...

Ahh Dawson's you are silly even in the worst of times!!

Love it!

lil' mama said...

So behind in my blog reading! Maybe because I wasn't expecting you to post so soooooon! Love all the equipment B has! We'll have B hold C for a great gimpy photoshoot!