Saturday, January 17, 2009

Date Weekend





On Friday night Pete and Lindy took the kids for the night so B and I could go out. We hadn't been on a date since wayyyy before the whole "back thing" happened.



First we went to Red Robin. I got my Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap. I always do. Then we went to Kohl's to see if there was anything we could blow my gift card on...there was, but it was all in the MEN'S DEPARTMENT! I forgot how much B likes to shop, especially when he's in the mood to get clothes for himself, which he was, now that he's lost like 197 lbs...


I love that he's not afraid to buy trendy stuff. I love that he knows how to pick it out. It's funny though, he started in the young men's and I started in the regular men's clothes. In the young men's, EVERYTHING has a skull on it. Awesome, but not when you have to teach 5th-6th grade Sunday School.



Instead, we ended up finding a bunch of cool stuff in the regular men's dept, like hoodies without skulls and a cool argyle sweater (did I just say "cool" and "argyle" in the same sentence??) Seriously, it looks great and he feels better about himself than he has in a long time.



Off to Border's to get coffee and browse books-another fav of ours.



Fast forward to today and after Lindy called to say they were taking the kids to a matinee movie, B and I went for a loooonngg walk, which was amazing, considering that 4 weeks ago he was using a walker to get to the bathroom.


I then got the crazy idea of going for a photo shoot for myself. I rarely like any pictures of myself and I always feel really self-conscious, so then I have to be crazy and turn them into "AHHHHHH!!! I'm a total rocker fan and here's my rocker sign ahhhhhhh!!!!!!"

I threw on the first thing I could find and Brian took me to the unused railroad tracks by our house where everyone dumps their couches.
we LOVED that it says "blah"
After a few shots there, we drove down the road to a scary intersection where there are cool graffiti walls. I felt SUPER SELF-CONSCIOUS there though, because there's a street light and a busy road, so lots of cars had to stop. And stare. And yell.

It made an already uncomfortable scenario even more uncomfy...








Seriously dying here.










2 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the photos...you're the next upcoming model! I appreciate your transparency in your latest blogs. May God richly bless you for your searching heart.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics!!