I was told they play a secular song in church nearly every week
Why? Maybe because it applies. Maybe it brings people in and unafraid to invite the unchurched. Maybe because they want to reclaim music for Jesus.
The first week we visited the song was "One Thing" by Finger Eleven. It was amazing
Restless tonight
Cause I wasted the light
Between both these times
I drew a really thin line
It�s nothing I planned
And not that I can
But you should be mine
Across that line
[Chorus:]
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn�t that be something
I promise I might
Not walk on by
Maybe next time
But not this time
Even though I know
I don�t want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
[Chorus x2]
Even though I know
I don�t want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
Even though I know
I don�t want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
Cause I wasted the light
Between both these times
I drew a really thin line
It�s nothing I planned
And not that I can
But you should be mine
Across that line
[Chorus:]
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn�t that be something
I promise I might
Not walk on by
Maybe next time
But not this time
Even though I know
I don�t want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
[Chorus x2]
Even though I know
I don�t want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
Even though I know
I don�t want to know
Yeah I guess I know
I just hate how it sounds
This church has a huge heart for the community. They meet in an old farm and feed store and really challenge people to get out and be Jesus to the town. The pastor ended the service with "all right-let's sing one more song so we can get out of here and start lovin on people!"
This week the song was "Uprising" by Muse. I thought Brian was going to explode. He sat on the front of his seat and had a giddy look on his face. It was amazing.
The paranoia is in bloom,
The PR transmissions will resume,
They'll try to push drugs to keep us all dumbed down,
And hope that we will never see the truth around,
SO COME ON!
Another promise, another seed,
Another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed,
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds,
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined,
SO COME ON!
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
And we will be victorious!
SO COME ON!
Interchanging mind-control,
Come, let the revolution take its toll,
If you could flick a switch and open your third eye,
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die,
SO COME ON!
Rise up and take the power back,
It's time that the fat cats had a heart attack,
You know that their time's coming to an end,
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend!
SO COME ON!
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
And we will be victorious!
SO COME ON!
OI OI OI OI OI
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
And we will be victorious!
The PR transmissions will resume,
They'll try to push drugs to keep us all dumbed down,
And hope that we will never see the truth around,
SO COME ON!
Another promise, another seed,
Another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed,
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds,
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined,
SO COME ON!
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
And we will be victorious!
SO COME ON!
Interchanging mind-control,
Come, let the revolution take its toll,
If you could flick a switch and open your third eye,
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die,
SO COME ON!
Rise up and take the power back,
It's time that the fat cats had a heart attack,
You know that their time's coming to an end,
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend!
SO COME ON!
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
And we will be victorious!
SO COME ON!
OI OI OI OI OI
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
And we will be victorious!
No comments:
Post a Comment