Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Seriously-John and Kate are on to something

Nkay, I'm going to try a blog simply because I'm not scrapbooking anymore, nor am i writing in anyone's baby books. I'm hoping that maybe if I post something on the computer, which is where I spend my free time, I'll have an account of our lives. That's what John and Kate plus 8 did too, so I hear. Might as well have complete strangers in to document your lives for you so you don't have to.

Spring Break ended Sunday night at midnight and Monday morning it snowed. Leah's preschool got cancelled due to a gas leak. Someone-probably a sweet old lady from the Lutheran church- left the stove on and the whole place reeked. The teachers were nauseaus so they met everyone in the parking lot and sent us home. Then Torrey said her foot was killing her and she couldn't walk on it. She had hurt it 2 weeks ago on her friend's trampoline. After waiting 3 hours for the dr to call back, we drove 45 minutes one way to see him and he said she strained her tendons on the top of her foot and that it will take weeks to heal. Welcome back from Spring Break.

I took the kids on a field trip to the library today and then Brian and I got to go out for Thai food while Pete and Lindy watched all 7 grandkids at their house for a couple of hours. I'm not sure why they always choose to do it that way-I suppose if it's going to be crazy, might as well be super crazy. They even told us to bring the dog.

I'm getting the stink eye from Brian to watch Idol. Before I go, I'll post our new favorite recipe that is now always in our fridge:
Hot Fudge Sauce for ice cream
1 cup sugar
5 tbs butter
2/3 cup milk

1 cup choc chips
melt milk, butter, sugar together in saucepan (stir constantly) and bring to a boil. Let it boil about a minute and remove from heat. Whisk in choc chips until thickened and smooth.

It's best over cookies and cream ice cream :)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Funny blog, Heather. Your dessert recipe sounds like something right up my alley.

Although, have you heard? Brian has lost 40 lbs since November, and I've been on a running kick. Did 5 miles this past Saturday. Maybe I should pass on the yummy chocolate topping!

Hilary

Sally said...

Heather this is pretty funny but can you keep it up? Well come to think of it I bet you have plenty of material!!

love ya,
mom