Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter





On Easter Sunday our church did "Cardboard Testimonies" which was apparently the thing for churches to do that day. I had 5-6 friends on FB say they did it too. It was really cool and pretty much everyone in the room cried.


If you're not familiar, each person comes out with something written on one side that's been hard. Then the back gets flipped over and you see how God helped them be victorious. The cardboard holder doesn't talk b/c the praise team is singing a song while it's happening. Between our 2 campuses, we had amazing victories:

cancer = healed
alcoholism = chains broken
on road to adultery = God saved marriage
controlled by anger = now in God's control (this was mine)
rape...shut God out = Healed and living for Him
involved in cult = freed
run over by a RTD bus = alive/walking
bankrupt = trusting God to provide
son was murdered = living with God's grace


You get the idea. As each person came out, you couldn't help but clap and cry. Every church should try this!


We went to Greg/June's for lunch and egg hunt. Pete and Lindy came too, and we had smoked brisket, hash brown casserole, etc. Good times...

2 comments:

Sally said...

I didn't know you were angry

Hilary said...

I have heard of cardboard confessions, but have never seen them done. I might need a piece of cardboard the size of a refrigerator box!!