Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break Day 2



3D glasses



Jake had a buddy sleep over and Torrey went to their house. I get the short end of the deal on that one because the girls sleep in...

Day 2

Jake, friend, Zach and Leah all wake up at 6:45 (really? come on people) They watch a couple of Phineas and Ferbs and I finally make it down to make breakfast. Not feeling as "waffle-y" as the first day. Cereal.

We load up the van with all 6 kids and head to the library.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO'S ON SPRING BREAK IS AT THE LIBRARY!!! Not kidding. There was no place to park-that should have tipped me off. We parked 2 blocks away...

As soon as we walked into the children's area, the librarian looks at me and says "how many tickets do you need for the magic show?" AGGGGGGHHHHH! Dang it.

Uh....SEVEN.

"Ok, here you go. It will start in 20 minutes and it's in that [teeny tiny stuffy sweltering hot with no place to sit] conference room. It should last about 30 minutes"

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Insert claustrophobic panic attack here...

So, with wall-to-wall people, toddlers, crying babies, kids running everywhere, we "mingle" around the book area, gathering what we would like to have for the next couple of weeks.

Did I mention that our library is 2 blocks from the Justice Center? Which is also 2 blocks from a halfway house for criminals? Good city planning...

Hard to keep track of 6 kids in a sea of 300 when there are tons of sexual predators in the room (at least that's how I look at everyone. Even the mom who's walking around nursing her baby in one of those sling-y things)

Jake then walks up to me and says he and friend don't want to do the magic show. Whew! Thank goodness. Wait...what about everyone else? At this point, Torrey says she and 7th grade friend will sit in the horrible conference room with Leah and Zach for the show.

Yay. Fine with me. There's no place for a predator to go...

So for 35 minutes, I walked the rest of the library with the 2 boys, gathering our books and waiting for the door of the conference room to open and the steam to pour out.

We picked up a friend for Leah on the way home (Torrey sat illegally on the floor of the van) and I had 7 kids for the rest of the day.

Leah's friend slept over last night, and now her mom is on her way and bringing homemade cinnamon rolls.

Should be a good day. :)

1 comment:

Vivi said...

I make it a point to know the library schedule enough (most times anyways)to avoid the special "shows" in the overcrowded-sit-on-the-floor-while-your-kid-squirms-and-cries-room.

I bet the kids loved your little adventure though.