The biggest fights I ever had with sisters growing up was over clothes and who could borrow them on any given day.
Looking back, I don't even know what the problem was.
Maybe it was a sense of ownership and having control over our teeny tiny world. Maybe it was that we had very carefully calculated what outfit would be worn which day and having someone coming in to steal any portion of those meticulously planned out fashion statements would knock the planets out of orbit.
We're talking about horizontal striped sweaters from the Limited and white stretch pants, people. We also had long retagular-shaped jean and khaki skirts to go with sweatshirts that would fit a middle linebacker.
Leah and Torrey have begun to share clothes. Doll clothes. They both have American girl dolls that come with special outfits, ranging from cowgirl outfits to pretty pajamas, all with the appropriate footwear. As they played with the dolls together yesterday, Torrey absentmindedly told Leah that she would lend her some doll pajamas. When bedtime came, the showdown began. I had been in the room when Torrey gave Leah permission, so she didn't have an argument. Torrey said "fine, then I want them back as soon as you wake up".
Leah was up first in the morning, but very sweetly obliged.
2 comments:
I don't know what on earth you're talking about.
Did Leah lay the jammies out so sweetly on the floor, or did you have to ask her to do that?
Your grade for blogging this week: A+
Post a Comment